Friday, August 24, 2012

Falling into Him...........

Some time ago I was sitting on my sofa and was praying. It was about 4 months from before we were suppose to be moving here to Cajamarca, Peru. And I was praying for God's help in letting go. Letting go of fear and doubt that was filling my head and heart. I was praying and telling the Lord that I was feeling scared and nervous about this calling He has put on our lives, I was doubting if it really was even a calling from Him. I was worried if it was the best thing to do with our kids and wondering if we were bad parents taking them away from their family. I was scared to "JUMP" of the "CLIFF" for Him. As weird as that sounds, that is the best way I could explain.It's like jumping off and free falling down and not quit knowing how you will land and if you'll hit or scratch yourself along the "fall". And it terrified me so. And in the mist of praying and seeking the Lord for help, I felt a still small voice in my heart and it said, "JUMP and I will catch you when you fall, and if you fall, know that your falling towards me and into my arms." Like in 1 Corinthians 13:17 in says, "Love believes all things." And I need to believe what the word of God tells me and have faith and peace and strength in that. 
I just wanted to encourage you to not be scared in the "falling" into something the Lord has called you to do. Know that if He is calling you then He will lead and catch as needed. He is there through it all. And even though at times in the process you "may" feel alone, well you not. The GREAT ALMIGHTY JESUS CHRIST is there with you. It's funny cause I am writing this, I am saying it to myself. How we ALL need to be reminded by this. 

 

1 comment:

  1. amen!!!! thank you for the reminder - just beautiful - and pointing us to HIM :)

    ReplyDelete