Sunday, August 19, 2012

Mind of Christ

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus."  -Philippians 2:5

    In the home Christ-likeness is Kindness;
    In business it is honesty;
    Towards the weak it is burden bearing;
    Towards the sinner it is evangelism;
    Towards ourselves it is self-control;
    Towards GOD it is REVERENCE, LOVE, and WORSHIP.
--Unknown

Each day our prayer life should include the request that the Holy Spirit reveal the mind of Christ to us. As we mature in the Christian faith, our personalities and the characters should take on Christ-like qualities. To have a Christ-like mind, it is vitally important that we nourish our minds daily with godly materials - things "that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, and praiseworthy." (Philippians 4:8) 

As a suggestion for devotional times, take the six prayers of this hymn (by, Kate Wilkinson) and use one each day to meditate upon as preparation for your worship on the Lord's Day. What does it mean to have the "mind of Christ," the "Word of God," the "peace of God," the "love of Jesus," the strength of Jesus, and the beauty of Jesus in your life? How would these Christ-like virtues affect your daily living? How would they influence your worship of God? 

  May the mind of Christ, my Savior, live in me from day to day, by His love and power controlling all I do and say.
 May the Word of God dwell richly in my heart from hour to hour, so that all may see I triumph only thru His power.
 May the peace of God, my Father, rule my life in everything that I may be calm to comfort sick and sorrowing.
 May the love of Jesus fill me, as the waters fill the sea; Him exalting, self-abasing--- this is victory. 
 May I run the race before me strong and brave to face the foe, looking only unto Jesus as I onward go.
 May His beauty rest upon me as I seek the lost to win, and may they forget the channel, ONLY seeing HIM.




"So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith--that you, being rooted and grounded in love"
   *Please continue to PRAY for Cajamarca!! 
     love, nicole                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment