Saturday, August 11, 2012

Psaims 119:11

" I have stored Your Words in my heart, that I might not sin against You." Psalms 119:11

-This morning during my devotion times, I read this verse. Even though I have heard it and read it many times, it punctured my heart. It says "store Your Words in my heart." In order to store His Words in our heart we need to know those Words. Those Words are the Word. How can we know our God and seek Him if we aren't in His Word?! How can we know what He says about this ot that if we are not reading His Word?! It doesn't mean that if you are in the Word reading it daily you won't sin BUT you'll be aware of it and you will then  recognize your sin and confess sooner. How BEAUTIFUL is that?! One of my favorite songs goes like this:
   
   "The more I seek you, the more I find you, the more I find you, the more I love you.
     I want to sit at your feet, drink from the cup of your hands, lay back against you and 
     breath, feel your heartbeat, this love is so deep, it's more then I can stand, I melt in 
     your peace, it's overwhelming" 

How are we gunna fall more and more in love with Him if we don't have those intimate times with Him. So many times we think that we say a quick prayer or what not and we are covered, we may read a quick devotional with one verse and think, "OK I am good". Trust me, I was one like that. BUT not until I DUG DEEP into His Word and studied it and asked Him to illuminate and show me Himself so that I might know Him more, then and only then, did my faith and walk grow. It's funny too cause by being in the Word and studing it, it doesn't make you always feel all warm and fuzzy inside, MANY times it points out what an evil and wicked person I am and how MUCH I need Him. I am so BLESSED that He finds something in me that He will spend time shaping me and molding me into the woman He wants me to be. So, I urge you to GET in the WORD and spend time in prayer. Many of us as Moms don't have all this time to go to our knees for hours a day and just sit down for sometime and read BUT ask the Lord to show you and to learn to prioritize your lives more and get things in the order they need to be.  I will be praying that who ever reads this that the Lord will direct and show you and that He will draw you closer and closer to Him. God is SO SO GOOD and He never ceases to amaze me at how GREAT and WONDERFUL He is!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment