Wednesday, August 15, 2012

HAVE THINE OWN WAY, LORD
"Yet, O Lord, you are our Father, We are the clay, You are the potter; we are all the work of Your hand." (Isaiah 64:8)
  An elderly woman at a prayer meeting one night pleaded, “It really doesn’t matter what you do with us, Lord, just have your way with our lives.” At this meeting was Adelaide Pollard, a rather well-known itinerant Bible teacher who was deeply discouraged because she had been unable to raise the necessary funds for a desired trip to Africa to do missionary service. She was moved by the older woman’s sincere and dedicated request of God.
At home that evening Miss Pollard meditated on Jeremiah 18:3, 4:
Then I went down to the potter’s house, and behold, he wrought a work on the wheels, and the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
Before retiring that evening, Adelaide Pollard completed the writing of all four stanzas of this hymn as it is sung today. The hymn first appeared in published form in 1907.
Often into our lives come discouragements and heartaches that we cannot understand. As children of God, however, we must learn never to question the ways of our sovereign God—but simply to say:

 "Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Thou art the potter, I am the clay. Mold me and make me after Thy will, while I am waiting, yielded and still.
Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Search me and try me, Master, today! Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now, as in Thy presence humbly I bow.
Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Wounded and weary, help me, I pray! Power, all power, surely is Thine! Touch me and heal me, Savior divine!
Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Hold o’er my being absolute sway! Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see Christ only, always, living in me!"

*For Today: Psalm 27:14; Romans 6:13, 14; 9:20, 21; Galatians 2:20*


We need to always be checking our hearts in where we are at and to be willing to say, "It is well with my soul." Its so hard at times when you feel like this is right where the Lord wants you and you have had confirmation by scripture and in prayer. And then one day out of NO WHERE, you see everything changing and now going to a different direction. If we life our lives COMPLETELY unto Him and offer ourselves as living sacrifices for Him, then who are we to question what He is doing in our lives and the changes He does. Yes its SO HARD, I know, but His GRACE and MERCY that comes along with His PERFECT and AMAZING love, how can one question. I am not saying its wrong to ask and wonder the "Why's", but we need to be checking our hearts in doing so. At times when I ask the "Why's", it may seen like I am saying that I know better and what is He even thinking. We need to be constantly checking our hearts and where they are at. It's so funny because we see like a simple one scene in our lives BUT Christ sees the ENTIRE film. Let's NOT get caught up in that 1 scene but PRESS on and look towards the goal.
The Lord has been doing so much work in my heart and I am BLESSED but I am telling you it hurts and times because of all the shaping and molding and taking away He is doing, but in that time, He opens my eyes to the filth and mess I have deep inside my soul. But I can count it ALL to JOY cause that means He finds worth in me to do so.

I pray for you that WHATEVER you are going through, that you TRUST in the Lord and what He is doing!! 

Love, Nicole  


No comments:

Post a Comment